Monday 31 December 2012

Out with the Old and In with the New

Hey Bees!

So this may be my fifth and final post of 2012. Hard to believe another year is coming to an end. However, I am glad that 2012 is finishing because I know that 2013 is going to be an incredible year, I can feel it in my fingers. (I feel it in my toes...).

I thought I'd write up a blogpost sharing my resolutions for 2013 with you all, but also for myself so that I can look to this post whenever I want throughout the year to see how I'm getting on!
So here goes...

1. Do My Best...
A lot of you don't know but I'm in a very tough year at school right now. I'm in sixth year, which in Ireland means the dreaded Leaving Cert year. I'll have my Leaving Cert exams in June, and mocks in four weeks. It's an extremely stressful time and once I go back to school it's going to be even worse. However, I firmly believe that you get out of it what you put it. I know if I work hard and do my best for the next five and a half months, I'll be very happy when my results come out in August!

2. Be More Positive...
I am my own worst critic. I constantly worry about what other people think and am always putting myself down. These kind of thoughts are very dangerous. I want to replace these negative thoughts with positive ones. I tried this before and it really worked. So with regards to myself, no more bashing! I'd also like to become more positive in other aspects of my day to day life too. Be more optimistic and always look on the briiight side of life, do do do do...okay I'm done. Really channeling the tunes today?!

3. Live in the Present...
I am the worst person for worrying about the future and stressing myself out. Why waste today worrying about tomorrow? Life is short and you never know what is around the corner. Enjoy what you're doing now, whatever it may be! Because the truth is, worrying really gets you nowhere!

4. New Friends...
In 2013 I want to make more of an effort to talk to people and meet new people. It won't be hard come September when I start university, but before then. I'd love to get to know some of you guys seeing as we all have one awesome thing in common! I need to come out of my shell more and show the real me.

5. Healthier Lifestyle...
Since I started back to school in September I've been neglecting my health and exercise. When doing homework and study I've opted for chocolate and biscuits, and if I have some spare time I'll sit on the Internet instead of going out for a walk. I want that to change. I will make better choices for me and my body. Again, you get out of it what you put in.


Thanks for reading my 2013 resolutions guys! I'd love to hear some of yours down below! Hope you all have an amazing New Years Eve!


Elle X

No comments:

Post a Comment