Friday 28 December 2012

Review: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush

Hello guys! So this is my first ever blog post! To be honest I wasn't quite sure what to write about. I love watching beauty videos on YouTube, but also love reading personal blog posts. So I think that's what this blog will sort of be based around.

Okay, so as you know from the title I'm going to write a quick review of the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. This line of brushes is by Samantha Chapman, who shares an amazing YouTube channel with her sister Nicky (I'll leave the link below). The girls do a variety of incredible makeup tutorials for everyone. I've been watching them for a while now and I've saw the brushes being used umpteenth times so I decided that I wanted to try them out! A few weeks back when I was doing my christmas shopping I popped into Boots and decided on the Expert Face Brush, or the 'buffing brush' as its probably more commonly known.

First of all, the 'ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles' are amazingly soft and it's great to know that they're 100% cruelty free! I find the brush to be very sturdy, but it also feels lovely and light in the hand, which is a dream when you're applying your foundation. The top of the brush is flat which allows you to stand it upright on a surface. The brush smooths on my foundation effortlessly and I really enjoy blending it in! Confession: I never want to stop! Personally though for my skin I find it better to mix some moisturiser in with my foundation before I apply it with the brush as recently, what with the terrible weather and being couped up in the house, my skin has become quite dry and brushes tend to make dry skin even worse. (Flake city)

All in all I think this brush is amazing. It makes your skin look flawless, gives you an even base and allows you to build up coverage as you wish. Your skin will look perfect in photos, trust me! 

Thanks so much for reading guys! Please leave a comment giving me some feedback. I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!


Elle X


Pixiwoo YouTube Channel: http://m.youtube.com/#/user/pixiwoo?&desktop_uri=%2Fuser%2Fpixiwoo



No comments:

Post a Comment